The Seniors’ Centre at Parkgate Community Centre provides an opportunity to meet the recreational, health and social needs of seniors with a variety of programs, including instructional learning, physical activity, drop-in programs, special events and bus trips.
Our mission is to enhance the well-being and quality of life for older adults living in our community by providing a safe, welcoming, and positive environment for everyone.
This seasonal newsletter the Parkgate Peak has information about programs and services for Seniors at Parkgate Community Centre, and is also circulated in the community by Parkgate Community Services Society. Each issue provides seniors with information about monthly bus trips, programming and special events. See the menu to the left for the Parkgate Peak.
The annual $30 membership is a way of showing support for the Seniors’ Centre. To purchase your annual membership, please visit the front desk at Parkgate Community Centre. As of January 2015 all seniors attending drop in games programs at Parkgate will have to purchase an annual membership. Why?
- Membership is only 8 cents per day
- Membership allows us to keep registration costs down
- Membership allows us to show community need in order to apply for funding
- Members receive the following benefits:
- discounts on all registered programs, out trips, special events and lunches,
- access to drop in games programs with coffee and baked goods (purchase punch card)
Partner Programs for Seniors
- Vancouver Coastal Health supports the Diners’ Club
- North Shore Keep Well Society supports the Keep Well Program
Volunteers are always welcome in the Seniors’ Centre. For more information, check out our Volunteer page.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the District of North Vancouver through their Community Grant Programs.