What’s in the news for seniors?
- “Every 10 minutes a senior is hospitalized for a fall”. Here’s what you can do to prevent falling… Check out the Fall Prevention: Myths – video or follow the link to Vancouver Coastal Health Fall Prevention to learn more.
Thousands of British Columbians living with dementia and other challenging conditions will benefit from innovative new technologies being developed by CanAssist at the University of Victoria. CanAssist developing technologies to help people remain independent longer. CanAssist at the University of Victoria, Latest News, May 11, 2015
As dementia affects the ability to make complex decisions and to understand financial transactions, families may find themselves seriously affected by patients’ irrational financial decisions. Read more at CBC Go Public on spouses’ battle over dementia patients’ costly missteps.
- Dance class gives seniors with dementia a lift, Global News, December 10, 2014
- Dance is just what the doctor ordered, The Guardian, November 20, 2014
- 7 Steps to Stroke Recovery, Stroke Recovery Association of BC, July 2014
- Driving tips for seniors BCAA, February 2014