Do I need a Seniors' Centre Membership to participate in seniors programs?
Yes. The annual membership fee is $5. All proceeds of this membership go directly to seniors’ programs and is a way of showing support for the Parkgate Seniors’ Centre. As of January 2015 also all seniors attending drop in games programs at Parkgate will have to purchase an annual membership. Why?
Why do I need a fitness pass for some programs?
- Membership is only pennies per day.
- Membership allows us to keep registration costs down.
- Membership allows us to show community need in order to apply for funding.
- Members receive the following benefits:
- access to registered programs, out trips, special events and lunches,
- access to drop in games programs with coffee and baked goods (purchase punch card) and
- special members’ rate at Wednesday Eat Local lunches..
Some programs for seniors that operate out of Parkgate Community Centre are North Vancouver Recreation Commission programs. Programs like Cardio Rehab require a special membership, while others require a valid NVRC fitness membership.
What is included with a membership to Parkgate Community Services Society?
As a member of Parkgate Community Services Society you are entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting and you will receive periodical newsletters. A healthy membership assists the society when it is seeking funding for programs and services. There are no obligations or costs associated with being a member of the society. To become a member of PCSS, please complete and return the Membership Application form to Parkgate Community Centre in person, by mail or fax.
» View All